LGBT Health & Wellbeing
Please note that these links are provided for information and that the web sites concerned do not necessarily represent the views of the Highland LGBT Forum and we are not responsible for their content.
- Action on Depression - Scotland's national charity for depression
- Alzheimer's Society's LGBT Support Group for people with dementia and their carers
- Befrienders Highland is a voluntary organisation and charity which provides a confidential befriending service for people across the Highland Council Region who have experience of mental ill health and who feel lonely and isolated, both socially and/or geographically.
- Breathing Space a free phone-line for people experiencing low mood and depression in Scotland. Their web site has a useful list of Scottish support groups.
- Broken Rainbow - LGBT Domestic Violence charity
Ask Brook free helpline number 0808 802 1234.
Text service on 81222 also available - click here for details.
- Centre for Women's Health (Glasgow)
- Gay Men's Health - Scotland's charity for gay men with offices in Edinburgh & Glasgow offering counselling, advice, testing, remote reporting, information
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- GMFA - the gay men's health charity
- Health in Mind - charity promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland includes the Trauma Counselling Line Scotland - Confidential telephone counselling service for male survivors of childhood abuse - call free on 08088 020406.
- Highland Alcohol & Drugs Partnership
- Highland Community Care Forum
- Highland Home Carers - providing a flexible, quality home care and support service, enabling individuals to remain in their own home with assistance in maintaining their current lifestyle and promoting independence where possible. Registered with the Scottish Commission for the Regulation of Care to provide Care at Home and Housing Support Services.
- Highland Users Group - collective advocacy group, which represents the interests of users of mental health services across the Highlands
- Highland Sexual Health provides a free, confidential, one-stop service for men and women. The nurses and doctors are specially trained and their aim is to deal with everyone in a friendly, non-judgmental and sensitive way. Clinics are held in Inverness, Aviemore, Invergordon, Fort William, Mallaig, Wick and Thurso. They offer free condoms & lubricant, as well as testing & treatment of anyone with symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection, HIV testing & treatment, counselling & testing for Hepatitis A & B. Telephone: 01463 888300.
- HIV Scotland - the leading national policy and strategic HIV charity.
- LGBT People with Disabilities in Scotland
- LGBT Youth Scotland - includes lots of info pages and support
- Scottish Recovery Network - to raise awareness of recovery from mental health problems
- Terrence Higgins Trust - largest HIV and sexual health charity in the UK
- Waverley Care - organisation providing a range of HIV prevention and sexual health services in Highland and Argyll + Bute. Free HIV and Hepatitis testing available, including Rapid HIV Testing (results in 20 minutes). Free condoms and lube from the office on Waterloo Place, Inverness or sent out to you by post. Services available for people living with HIV, including peer support. Call 01463 711585 for more information