External Links Page
Please note that these links are provided for information and that the web sites concerned do not necessarily represent the views of the Highland LGBT Forum and we are not responsible for their content.
- Inverness Women's Aid are a charity supporting women, children and young people who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse. They operate in Inverness and Rural Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey and are also fully inclusive with transgender, bisexual and lesbian orientations.
- Connected Scotland - a website dedicated to gay and bisexual men living with HIV, their partners, family and friends
- HIV Scotland - the leading national policy and strategic HIV charity
- Waverley Care - organisation providing a range of HIV prevention and sexual health services in Highland and Argyll + Bute. Free HIV and Hepatitis testing available, including Rapid HIV Testing (results in 20 minutes). Free condoms and lube from the office on Waterloo Place, Inverness or sent out to you by post. Services available for people living with HIV, including peer support. Call 01463 711585 for more information.
- Counselling Directory - Find a professional counsellor or psychotherapist near you.
- Scottish Transgender Alliance
- Swans of Scotland (transgender / transvestite / transexual) support group based in Inverness
- Transgender Scotland
- National Trans Police Association (UK)
Resources and Campaigning
- Equality Network (Scotland) including online discussion boards and the Your Scotland project
- LGBT Families: useful website by the Equality Network covering civil partnership, immigration, divorce, child support, power of attorney, etc.
- LGBT History Month - every February
- Linsert.org - a site to record and promote Gay History, Queer History, LGBT History with a Scottish slant
- Stonewall (UK)
Groups / Contacts / Support
- Scotsgay magazine has a useful list of local groups throughout Scotland.
- LGBT Youth Scotland
- Gay Outdoor Club Scotland
- Gay Dads Scotland
- Parent's Enquiry Scotland - support for parents and families of LGBT sons and daughters
- Gay Police Association (UK)
LGBT-Friendly Accommodation & Travel
- Gay friendly accommodation in Scotland - including Inverness & Highlands
- PurpleRoofs - Scotland accommodation links
- Gay Journey - Scotland accommodation links
- Black Kilt Tours - gay tour guide Ross Buchanan offers 3-5 day private guided tours of the Highlands and/or Fife exclusively for the LGBT community. Guests can stay in gay owned and gay friendly accommodation. Also on Facebook.
- Invernevis Bed & Breakfast in Inverness
- Melrose Villa Guest House in Inverness
- Greenlea B&B - Drumnadrochit (near Loch Ness)
- Pottery House - Loch Ness B&B
- Serendipity Bed and Breakfast - Glenmoriston (near Loch Ness)
- Vatersay House - Isle of Skye
- Dullan Brae Accommodation - Dufftown B&B
- Stephen Seedhouse Flowers - flower shops in Nairn & Inverness, available for Civil Partnerships and other events.