The Inverness Citizens Advice Bureau offers discrimination advice. Inverness CAB can provide free, impartial, independent and confidential advice on issues of discrimination. Dependant upon the circumstances, discrimination can happen in respect of race, gender/marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion and may apply in employment or access to goods and services.
They have produced a useful guide for people dealing with harassment, discrimination and victimisation at work because of sexual orientation - click here for the top 10 tips.
You can also phone the CAB general advice line on 08444 994111 or access factsheets online about Discrimination because of sexual orientation.
PLEASE BE AWARE SOME LINKS MAY BE OUT OF DATE
OUR WEBSITE IS BEING UPDATED
Please note that these links are provided for information and that the web sites concerned do not necessarily represent the views of the Highland LGBT Forum and we are not responsible for their content.
Useful links include:
- Equality and Human Rights Commission (UK) includes Sexual orientation equality and Transgender equality and the Equality Act 2010
- Equality Network includes info about hate crime, gender recognition, civil partnerships, parenting, housing, etc. plus Equal Marriage
- LGBT Families: useful website by the Equality Network covering civil partnership, immigration, divorce, parenting, etc.
- Stonewall has lots of equality/discrimination resources including topics such as
- UNISON Scotland - one of Scotland's largest trades unions, and has a self-organising lesbian and gay group
- Equality Act 2010
INVERNESS CITIZENS ADVICE BUREAU
There are many other CAB offices in the Highlands: Find a Bureaux